Comment on page
Automatically draw a polygon around an object using a bounding box
SmartPoly is a mode that lets you draw a rectangular bounding box around the object that is automatically transformed into a polygon.
To use SmartPoly, select the Polygon label type from the Labels bar.
- 1.Click theicon on the label type to switch to SmartPoly mode. The icon will turn blue when SmartPoly is enabled.
- 2.For best results, zoom in first so you can draw a tighter rectangle around the object.
- 3.Select the location of your first corner and click and release, then drag the cross-hairs across the object so that the bounding box surrounds the object completely, and finally click and release at the opposite corner.
After a moment, the rectangular bounding box will turn into a polygon around the object.
SmartPoly works best when:
- Object is against a contrasting background
- Object is not overlapping with other objects
- Bounding box is tight around the object