Define Your Labels
Plainsight's annotation tool supports several types of labels to choose from. Choosing a label type depends on the model being used and the intended outcome of the model.
If you plan to use the dataset to train your model in Plainsight, keep in mind that certain label types are not currently supported for model training: Feature Points, Text, Multi Classification. If you wish to use these label types, you can export your annotations in Plainsight format, extract the labeled data, and train your model outside of Plainsight.
- 1.Navigate to "Label Definitions" tab within a project
- 2.Enter the name of the new label
- 3.Select the type of new label
- Finish setup for label type selected (Setup will vary on label type)
- 4.Click "Save" button
Adding a Bounding Box label
Rectangles, Polygons, and Feature Point labels have the option of adding sublabels into the label definitions.
This is useful for having classes associated with higher level instances. Example: drawing rectangles around birds for object detection, but having a class for types of bird within the rectangle (Duck, Geese, etc...).
- 1.Click "Add Sublabel" for the label definition you want to add a sublabel to.
- 2.Type a sublabel name
- 3.Choose sublabel type
- 4.Fill out label options
- 5.Click "Save"
- 1.Click the "Edit" link for the label definition you want to edit
- 2.Make desired changes to the label options
- 3.Click "Save"
- 1.Click "Delete" link for the label definition you want to delete
- 2.You will be prompted that a migration will occur. Click "Cancel" or "Confirm" to confirm deletion.
Deleting a label definition will delete ALL labels in your dataset which use that definition. This action cannot be undone.